How to Add Apps to Vizio TV: Smart TVs have replaced the previous generation of TVs and they have indeed become one of the most important options for an enhanced experience. The smart TV lets you watch the internet based apps or OTTs wit ease. Vizio is one of the excellent manufacturers for the best ever experience in terms of smart TVs.
But, how would you want to watch the best TV services and other internet services on your Vizio Smart TV? In other words, how to add apps to Vizio TV? Well, we will have a look at the best options available at your disposal.
While we will focus on the right options on how to add apps to Vizio smart TV, we will focus more on the spectrum app on Vizio smart TV.
How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart TV?
While you would find it rather easy and simple to add apps to a smart TV with ease on most of the other smart TVs and Android TVs, it isn’t the same with Vizio smart TVs. Vizio TV has changed the way the apps are installed on its smart TV range for the last couple of years.
You will need to use the SmartCast platform for the purpose of adding apps to a Vizio Smart TV. The options on how to add apps to Vizio TV can be handled easily through a few specific options.
- VIZIO VIA & VIA Plus TV – These would be able to install apps through the default app stores
- VIZIO SmartCast HD TV – These were released between 2016 and 2017 and do not allow the installation of any app. You can only Chromecast your content.
- VIZIO SmartCast 4K UHD TV – This series of TVs come with a built-in SmartCast TV app.
The SmartCast app compatibility comes preinstalled on your Vizio TV. It offers you access to a few Smartcast Core apps that can directly be installed on your Vizio smart TV. All other apps will need to be cast onto your TV and cannot be installed to work on the TV directly.
Vizio Smartcast TV Core Apps
|Bable||CBS All Access||CBS News||Cocoro|
|Dove Channel||Fandango Now||FilmRise||FitFusion|
|Plex||Pluto TV||Prime Video (Amazon)||Redbox|
|TasteIT||Toon Goggles||TV Games||Vudu|
If you are looking to install any other apps on your Vizio Smart TV, you do not have an option, sadly enough. You can follow the steps here below so that you can cast those apps onto your Vizio Smart TV. The steps would also hold good for the Vizio Spectrum app as well.
- Go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store depending on your smartphone OS.
- Download any of the Chromecast compatible apps onto your phone. If you are on Android, you can follow this link for the compatible app.
- Install the app and launch it.
You should be able to begin playing the content on your TV. You can install any of the streaming services on your smartphone and use the SmartCast feature to watch the content on your TV. There is no option to install third party apps on the latest models of Vizio Smart TVs. This holds good if you are checking out how to add Spectrum app to Smart TV as well.
If you have any of the Vizio Smart TVs under VIA or Vizio Internet Apps series TVs, you should find Google Play Store or any other compatible app store on your TV.
- Press the V button on your TV remote
- Move to the Google Play Store or any other connected app store.
- Search for any of your favourite apps you want to install
That does it. You are good to go and install any of the compatible apps on your Vizio Smart TV without hackles.
The same procedure would be applicable to Vizio VIA Plus TVs as well.
More Related Posts
- How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick in 5 Minutes 2020
- How to Install Directv app Firestick in 5 Minutes【Updated 2020】
- How to Install FireDL on Firestick in 5 Minutes【Working 2020】
- How to Install Now TV on Firestick in 5 Minutes【Updated 2020】
- How to Install Discovery+ App Firestick in 5 Minutes【Updated 2020】
- How to Watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch – New Methods 2020