How to connect LG Stylo 4 to TV with HDMI cable? If you are looking for the answer to this question, you have come to the right place.
The LG Stylo 4 was one of the most popular smartphones in 2018. It was a unique phone for its high-end features and budget-friendly price tag. Hence, the phone is also known as LG Q Stylo 4. This phone came with Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 chipset and 2 GB RAM.
In addition, you are also getting 32 GB internal storage space and an external SD card slot. The main camera of this phone is a 13 MP one. And the selfie camera is a 5 MP one. One of the unusual addition to this phone is the USB Type-C port. And that port will come in handy to get the connection between the TV and the phone.
Anyway, we will be sharing the different methods to connect LG Stylo 4 to TV with HDMI.
So, let’s dive right in…
Tutorial on How to Connect LG Stylo 4 to TV with HDMI
There are many ways you can connect your LG Stylo 4 to your smart TV. However, not all of them involve HDMI connectivity. So, we will share all the different ways you can mirror your phone screen to your smart TV in this section.
Method #1 Using a USB-C to HDMI Cable
First of all, we will talk about the obvious one. Remember we have told you that the LG Stylo 4 comes with a USB-C port. Now, the USB-C port is capable of transferring both audio and video data. That means if the phone supports, you will connect your phone to a smart TV using that port.
Now, remember, most TVs don’t come with a USB-C port. Rather, TVs mostly have HMDI ports. That is why you will not be able to use the USB Type-C cable with your TV. So what can you do at this moment?
Lucky for you, we have got a solution for you. Yes, you have guessed it right. We will be using a USB-C to HDMI converter cable. That way, you will connect the USB Type-C port of the cable to your phone.
And the other HDMI port will be connected to the TV. And then, your LG Stylo 4 will be connected to the TV via HDMI. That way, you will be able to stream your phone’s screen to the TV without any problem. Some of the notable USB-C to HDMI cables are this and this.
Method #2 If You Have a Smart TV
Now, you have seen that you will need to buy a USB Type-C to HDMI converter kit if you want to connect your LG Stylo 4 to a TV. However, if you have a smart TV, then you can do better than that. Yes, you can stream or mirror your phone screen to your TV wirelessly. Here’s how to do that…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you will need to connect both your LG Stylo 4 phone and your smart TV to the same network.
- After that, you will need to open the Music or Gallery app on your phone
- Now, play any of the media content
- Next, tap on the Menu or 3 dot icons from the top
- And then, you have to select the Play on other device option from the dropdown menu
- At this point, you will find a list of all the supported devices. Among them, one will be your TV. So, you should select your TV from the list, your phone’s screen will be mirrored on your TV
Method #3 If You Want to Stream YouTube Videos to Your TV VIA Your Phone
Above, we have shown how to wirelessly mirror your mobile phone’s screen to your smart TV to watch your gallery’s media content. However, if you want to watch YouTube videos, you can do that as well. And it is almost similar to the last method. So here we go…
Steps to Follow
- First and foremost, connect both the phone and the TV to the same wireless network.
- Then, go to YouTube on your phone and play any video you like
- After that, you need to tap on the ‘Connect to a TV’ icon at the top right corner of the video. The icon looks like a display
- Once you have tapped on that icon, you will see a list of all the TVs connected to that network
- So, tap on the name of the TV on which you want to stream it
- Then, you will see that the video is playing on your TV. At this moment, you can control the playback directly from your smartphone
Method #4 Stream or Mirror Your Phone Screen via Chromecast
If you were not successful following any of the above-mentioned methods, you could check this one out. In this case, you will need to have a working Chromecast at your disposal. And, if you have that, you can be sure that it will work with your phone without any doubt. So, let’s learn how to do that.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you will need to connect the Chromecast to your TV properly
- It should be up and running
- Next, you should ensure that the Chromecast and the LG Stylo 4 phone are connected to the same network.
- Now, you need to install the Google Home App on your phone
- Then you will need to configure the Google Home App properly
- Once it is configured properly, whenever you will play anything on your phone, you will find a ‘Cast’ icon on top of that screen
- So, you will have to tap on the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ option
- Next, you will be able to select the Chromecast device on your phone
- Once you have selected that, the screen-casting will be started
From now, you can cast anything from your LG Stylo 4 phone to the TV using this method.
Many people want to use their phones to cast content to their TV. And there are many ways to do that. However, a lot of our readers have asked to know how to connect LG Stylo 4 to TV with HDMI cable.
And we have tried to share this with you. But, in addition, we have also talked about other alternative methods of mirroring your phone screen to your smart TV.
We hope you will be able to replicate the steps mentioned above. And this post will come in handy in the long run for you.
If you have enjoyed this post, you can share this with others. And if you want to know more about this topic, you can ask us in the comments below to clear up your confusion.
More Posts for You: